Impact Capital Forum is excited to invite you to an interactive discussion, featuring impact investment fund managers and ecosystem builders raising and deploying impact capital across Sub-Saharan Africa.
With sub-saharan Africa accounting for half of global impact capital investments, there has never been a more exciting time for local African businesses and fund managers that are driving innovation to achieve measurable social impact, alongside financial returns. This program will explore emerging trends in the post-pandemic impact investment sector on the continent and hear from practitioners on the ground in Senegal and South Africa about opportunities and challenges in achieving their capital raising and impact goals.
· What are the current drivers and bottlenecks affecting impact finance flows in sub-Saharan Africa?
· Has the Covid-19 pandemic shifted priorities?
· What are the key sectors fueling this growth: financial inclusion, renewable energy, agribusiness, support to youth and women-led businesses, other?
· How key are Public/ private partnerships in supporting the growth of these sectors?
· What are the challenges on the ground for individual investors and social entrepreneurs alike?
· How can you get involved?
Our Guest Speakers:
Impact Capital Forum has assembled an impressive group of impact fund managers, entrepreneurs, and ecosystem builders in the sector who will share their frank perspectives about both the obstacles and opportunities to achieve sustainable development goals in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Assana Alio, Country Representative | Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI), Senegal
Sibongile Zulu, Funder & Manager | Capital Unlocked, South Africa
Maya Burney, Associate Partner Caleo Capital | Founder of Womwest, South Africa. Womvest is an open network of women professionals, entrepreneurs and investors creating value for one another through collaboration and mentorship
Bernie Akporiaye, CEO, MaTontine, Senegal | Ma Tontine is a digital financial services platform working to digitalize traditional savings groups (Tontines)
Login instructions for this Zoom videoconference will be emailed after your registration is completed.
Impact Capital Forum is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. New York, N.Y.